L ooking for an English speaking expert lawyer to attend to your needs in Spain?
The Legaliaspain team of conveyancing solicitors and tax advisors can assist you in:
Acquisition and sale of any type of property in Spain
Real estate due diligence
Drafting and negotiation of all types of property agreements (lease agreements, mortgages, loans)
Advice on urbanistic law, land development and zoning related matters
Tax advice on property transactions
Estate valuation, distribution and location
Eviction and court related procedures
Scan this QR with your phone for a quick Whatsapp chat
Conveyancing in Spain
Either if you are buying or selling a property it is recommended to get surrounded by the best professionals before taking any action.
At Legaliaspain we proud ourselves of having successfully concluded hundreds of transactions over the years, being one of the top firms in property law and conveyancing in Spain.
Our solicitors and tax advisors are English speaking bar association registered who will look after your interests with independency and the highest professional standards for your peace of mind.
Contrato de arras
The presale agreement aka contrato de arras is the agreement by which a down payment on account of the final price is given to the seller. It is essential that an independent experienced solicitor drafts this document following the information shed by the due diligence.
Whatever is agreed in the contrato de arras will govern the relationship between the parties until the conclusion of the transaction.
The contrato de arras should be in all cases drafted by the purchaser’s solicitor to guarantee the fairness of the deal.
The due diligence is the process where the solicitors audit the property to disclose any potential pitfalls to the purchaser’s interests.
Any proper due diligence in Spain must carefully study:
- Who the owners are and their faculties to transfer the property;
- The information contained in the land registry and whether it coincides with physical conditions of the property;
- The physical condition of the property;
- The existance of encumbrances (mortgages, easements, reservations, seizures…);
- Existence of leases and third parties pre-emption rights;
- Good standing certificates of real estate taxes and contributions due by the previous owner;
- Water, electricity and other utility contracts.
Conveyancing in Spain usually triggers so many questions to the buyer as well as to the seller
These questions and many more have been responded in the article we created Conveyancing in Spain: 7 keys to succeed. In a different article called Selling a property by the non-resident: The 3% withholding tax we discuss on the taxes due when foreign tax residents sell any type of property in Spain. All these articles and some other useful ones can be found in our articles section.
At Legaliaspain we proud ourselves of having successfully completed hundreds of transactions on behalf of our clients. If you are thinking of purchasing or selling a property in Spain our solicitors and tax advisors will be glad to assist you along the process. Do not hesitate to contact us in the contact form below for a free quotation of service.
Why choosing Legaliaspain as your conveyancing firm in Spain?
- English speaking solicitors and tax advisors available at your disposal at all times
- Power of attorney representation for your distance comfort
- Only registered solicitors and tax advisors working in your case
- Complete assistance in other legal areas such as corporate law, litigation or wills and probates if needed throughout the process
- Beginning to end intervention for your peace of mind
- Over a decade experience in the Spanish market with hundreds of successfully completed transactions
What our customers say about us
The professionals at Legaliaspain were an excellent choice for us. They completed our case with the highest standards providing all the information we needed at every stage.
They were also willing to walk the extra mile helping us with those very important loose ends we did not bear in mind. We would definitely recommend them.